Job BoardHOME VISITATION SUPERVISOR - HEALTHY FAMILIES
HOME VISITATION SUPERVISOR - HEALTHY FAMILIES
1 Year Full – Time Contact (with chance of extension)
The Children's Cottage Society of Calgary provides crisis nursery, respite, shelter and community support programs for vulnerable children and their families. To achieve our vision of “Safe Children in Healthy Families”, we are looking for a strong leader to join our organization as a Supervisor within the Home Visitation Program area. This unique position will provide leadership to front line staff from two program areas; Healthy Families and the Family Coaching program offered through our Crisis Nursery.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field is preferred. A Diploma with additional significant experience may be considered.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience, preferably with a community-based family program.
- Strong knowledge of early childhood development and promoting positive parenting.
- Experience with providing in-home visitation support to families with complex needs.
- Experience working with child protective services.
- Strong knowledge of child and family serving community resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral / written communications skills.
- Proficient computer skills for data entry and reporting.
- Experience with using a client data base (experience with ‘Efforts to Outcomes’ data base is an asset).
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
- Monitoring the work performance of 5 front line professionals; 2 Healthy Families Home Visitors and 3 Family Coaches through the provision of supervision both on site and in the community, annual performance reviews, mentoring and coaching.
- Working cooperatively as part of a three-Supervisor team within the Healthy Families program.
- Assisting in coordinating and facilitating semi-monthly program team meetings.
- Ensuring that staff meet client service and program quality standards.
- Coordinating and ensuring staff training and professional development.
- Participating on the Children’s Cottage leadership team and representing the program within the Supervisors’ team of the Calgary Healthy Families Collaborative.
- Supporting and monitoring complete and accurate data entry by Home Visitors into the agency’s Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database.
- Ensuring that complete and accurate data is collected for submission to the Calgary Healthy Families Collaborative and assisting with agency program report preparation.
- Participate in a rotating on call schedule.
- Working collaboratively with Calgary Child and Family Services and key community stakeholders.
Application Deadline: Until successful candidate is recruited
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting competition # HFSUPCT-09/20/17 to Joelle Berard, Senior Manager, Home Visitation Programs: email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants however will only contact those invited for an interview.