Job BoardPART TIME (.85 FTE) CHILD CARE WORKER - CRISIS NURSERY
PART TIME (.85 FTE) CHILD CARE WORKER - CRISIS NURSERY
The Children’s Cottage Society is a charitable agency established in Calgary in 1986. The Society’s mission is “Preventing harm and neglect to all children and building strong families through support services, respite programs, and crisis nurseries”. Our vision is to achieve “Safe Children in Healthy Families”.
Reporting to the Team Lead in consultation with the Crisis Nursery Manger. The Child Care worker is responsible for day to day care of the children staying at the Crisis Nursery. This role assists with planning daily activities for the children according to their developmental needs.
This position is a .85 FTE and works 12 hours shifts, a rotation of days and awake nights.
- Providing quality care for children who are newborn to age 8.
- Maintaining a safe environment.
- Assisting children in their daily routines.
- Assisting children to cope with feelings of separation from their parents.
- Documentation of children’s daily activities.
- Early Childhood Certificate an asset
- Minimum of three years’ experience caring for children. Must be particularly experienced caring for infants and toddlers.
- Current first aid/CPR/suicide intervention, aboriginal training, diversity training.
- Must be available to work within an environment that provides 24/7 child care.
- Must have the ability to work day shifts and awake overnight shifts, and can be responsive to be called into work on short notice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Application Deadline: Until successful candidate is recruited. We appreciate the interest of all applicants however will only contact those invited for an interview.
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting CNCCWP/T-09/25/2017 to Janet Hettler, Manager, Crisis Nursery: firstname.lastname@example.org