Job BoardRESPITE CARE WORKER (9 Month Contract) - RESPITE PROGRAMS
RESPITE CARE WORKER (9 Month Contract) - RESPITE PROGRAMS
Competition # RCW-08/29/17
The Children’s Cottage Society is a charitable agency established in Calgary in 1986. The Society’s mission is “Preventing harm and neglect to all children and building strong families through support services, respite programs, and crisis nurseries”. Our vision is to achieve “Safe Children in Healthy Families”.
This is a Monday to Friday 40 hour work week, allowing for some flexibility, as there occasional evening visits.
- Work with families and volunteers as assigned to provide respite care.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
- Interact with infants and engage them in activities that support optimal development.
- Assess amount of respite required.
- Care for and interact with infants in a positive, gentle and sensitive manner.
- Provide information about and demonstrate good infant care and positive parenting practices.
- Help families connect with community resources as needed.
- Conduct developmental assessments using Ages and Stages Developmental screenings.
- Complete paperwork as required and enter into client database (Efforts to Outcomes). Keep filing up-to-date.
- Complete Core Respite training.
- Consult with Community Respite Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Assist with other position-related tasks as directed by the Community Respite Supervisor, Home Visitation Programs Senior Manager, Director of Programs and/or Executive Director.
- A minimum of 2 years of infant care experience.
- Some post-secondary training in Early Childhood Development would be an asset.
- An understanding of the developmental needs of infants.
- Be responsible, dependable and have a non-judgmental attitude.
- Able to work independently in the community.
- An awareness of resources available in the community.
- Second language an asset.
- Clear oral and written communication skills.
- Competence with technology including email, cell phones and navigating programs.
- Standard First Aid and Infant CPR (CPR Level B).
- Pass a Police Security Clearance and Child Intervention Record Check.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and insurance.
Application Deadline: Until successful candidate is recruited
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting Competition #RCW-08/29/17 to Joelle Berard, Senior Manager, Home Visitation: email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants however will only contact those invited for an interview.